Originally started in 1876 as W. A. Adderley & Co. as a producer of fine china and earthenware products, during the earlier part of the 20th century, the company also went by the names 'Adderley' and 'Royal Adderley'.
Production stopped briefly during the Second World War, and it was one of the first pottery manufacturers to receive a licence to re-start production in 1945. In 1947 Ridgway Pottery bought the company and continued to produce pottery and china under both names, but in 1972 they were bought by Royal Doulton, who continued to use the Royal Adderley name until 1988
View our stocks of discontinued Adderley china below. Buy online or register with us for a free, no obligation search for any piece not currently in stock